Monday 29 November 2010

Printmaking


Here's the print I did last week. This week I was working on the pieces for my new idea. I cut two lino's and printed them about 4/5 times each trying to experiment with gradients and colours, I struggled to get bold colour without it coming out almost black especially with purple. I'm pleased with the lino's themselves. I spent all day Tuesday in the print room and cut 3 more pieces of lino at home over the week.

I scanned in the image above and printed it on a variety of colours. I edited the colours of the print itself on photoshop so if need be I can do this for the final piece. I was going to use different coloured backgrounds but I might save that for the climax and keep both the ink and paper colour to more beige/brown tones so the climax really stands out.

Competence in practical printmaking techniques: 60 (pleased with lino's just struggling with colour)

Thoughtful and imaginative use of printmaking: 65 (considering the colours of my piece and what I will be printing onto)

Visual Sensibility; understanding and expressing ideas in images: 65 (making what I have already planned out)

Using research to expand knowledge, enrich thinking and affect your work: 65 (still using inspiration for last week)


Active participation in taught sessions: 55

No comments:

Post a Comment