Monday 15 November 2010

Print Progress

Haven't had any updates on print lately. Not this week but the week before I was ill so wasn't able to work on the project. This week had my crit with Caroline and decided to start cutting my final pages so I could have more time to experiment with colours and bookmaking. Because I've just been cutting my lino I haven't made any prints and only spent a few hours in the printroom. Because of the deadline coming up I've only managed to cut one of the five pages, but I'm hoping to catch up over the next two weeks starting tonight.

Because of this I haven't been working on my printmaking skills but have been considering textures and markmaking in my lino's and finalising my compositions. I also did some research at a Small Publishers Fair (see earlier post)

Assessing Myself:

Competence in practical printmaking techniques: 0 (haven't done any prints)

Thoughtful and imaginative use of printmaking: 0

Visual Sensibility; understanding and expressing ideas in images: 60 (working on my final images)

Using research to expand knowledge, enrich thinking and affect your work: 70 (Small Publishers Fair)

Active participation in taught sessions: 60 (attending crit)

No comments:

Post a Comment